Terms and Conditions
- Our Mission.
Our mission is to create a lodging community built on trust, friendship, respect, and flexibility where a home is not just a place but an experience.
- Searching and Booking on keymait.
2.1 Searching. You can search for Host Services by using criteria like the type of Host Service, travel destination, travel dates, and number of guests. You can also use filters to refine your search results. Search results are based on their relevance to your search and other criteria. Relevance considers factors like price, availability, Reviews, customer service and cancellation history, popularity, previous trips and saved Listings, Host requirements (e.g., minimum, or maximum nights), and more.
2.2 Booking. When you book a Listing, you are agreeing to pay all charges for your booking including the Listing price, applicable fees like keymait service fee, offline fees, taxes, and any other items identified during checkout (collectively, “Total Price”). You are also agreeing that keymait via keymait Payments may charge the Payment Method (as defined in the Payment Terms) used to book the Listing to collect Damage Claim (as defined in Section 15) amounts. When you receive the booking confirmation, a contract for Host Services (a “Reservation”) is formed directly between you and the Host. In addition to these Terms, you will be subject to, and responsible for complying with, all terms of the Reservation, including without limitation, the cancellation policy and any other rules, standards, policies, or requirements identified in the Listing or during checkout that apply to the Reservation. It is your responsibility to read and understand these rules, standards, policies, and requirements prior to booking a Listing. Be aware that some Hosts work with a co-host or as part of a team to provide their Host Services.
2.3 Accommodation Reservations. An Accommodation Reservation is a limited license to enter, occupy, and use the Accommodation. The Host retains the right to re-enter the Accommodation during your stay, to the extent: (i) it is reasonably necessary, (ii) permitted by your contract with the Host, and (iii) consistent with applicable Nigerian law. If you stay past checkout, the Host has the right to make you leave in a manner consistent with applicable law, including by imposing reasonable overstay penalties. You may not exceed the maximum number of allowed Guests.
2.4 Reservations for Experiences and Other Host Services. An Experience or other Host Service Reservation entitles you to participate in, attend, or use that Host Service. You are responsible for confirming that you, and anyone you invite, meet minimum age, proficiency, fitness, or other requirements. You are responsible for informing the Host of any medical or physical conditions, or other circumstances that may impact your ability to participate, attend, or use the Host Service. Except where expressly authorized, you may not allow any person to join a Host Service unless they are included as an additional guest during the booking process.
- Cancellations, Travel Issues, Refunds and Booking Modifications.
3.1 Cancellations, Travel Issues, and Refunds. In general, if as a Guest you cancel a Reservation, the amount refunded to you is determined by the cancellation policy that applies to that Reservation. But, in certain situations, other policies take precedence and determine what amount is refunded to you. If something outside your control forces you to cancel a Reservation, you may be eligible for a partial or full refund under our Extenuating Circumstances Policy. If the Host cancels, or you experience a Travel Issue (as defined in our Guest Refund Policy), you may be eligible for rebooking assistance or a partial or full refund under the Guest Refund Policy. Different policies apply to certain categories of Listings; for example, Experiences Reservations are governed by the Experiences Guest Refund Policy. See each Additional Legal Term or Policy for details about what is covered, and what refund applies in each situation.
3.2 Booking Modifications. Guests and Hosts are responsible for any booking modifications they agree to make via the keymait Platform or direct keymait customer service to make on their behalf (“Booking Modifications”), and agree to pay any additional amounts, fees, or taxes associated with any Booking Modification.
- Your Responsibilities and Assumption of Risk.
4.1 Your Responsibilities. You are responsible and liable for your own acts and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of anyone you invite to join or provide access to any Accommodation, Experience or other Host Service. For example, this means: (i) you are responsible for leaving an Accommodation (and related personal property) in the condition it was in when you arrived, (ii) you are responsible for paying all reasonable Damage Claim amounts necessary to cover damage that you, your guest(s), or your pet(s) cause to an Accommodation, and (iii) you must act with integrity, treat others with respect, and comply with applicable laws at all times. If you are booking for an additional guest who is a minor or if you bring a minor to a Host Service, you must be legally authorized to act on behalf of the minor and you are solely responsible for the supervision of that minor.
4.2 Your Assumption of Risk. You acknowledge that many activities carry inherent risks and agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you assume the entire risk arising out of your access to and use of the keymait Platform and any Content (as defined in Section 10), including your stay at any Accommodation, participation in any Experience, use of any other Host Service, or any other interaction you have with other Members whether in person or online. This means it is your responsibility to investigate a Host Service to determine whether it is suitable for you. For example, Host Services may carry risk of illness, bodily injury, disability, or death, and you freely and willfully assume those risks by choosing to participate in those Host Services.
- Reviews. After each stay, Guests and Hosts will have an opportunity to review each other. Your Review must be accurate and may not contain any discriminatory, offensive, defamatory, or other language that violates our Content Policy or Review Policy. Reviews are not verified by keymait for accuracy and may be incorrect or misleading.
- Fees. Keymait may charge fees (and applicable Taxes) to Hosts and Guests for the right to use the keymait Platform. More information about when service fees apply and how they are calculated can be found on our Service Fees page. Except as otherwise provided on the keymait Platform, service fees are non-refundable. keymait reserves the right to change the service fees at any time and will provide Members notice of any fee changes before they become effective. Fee changes will not affect bookings made prior to the effective date of the fee change. If you disagree with a fee change you may terminate this agreement at any time pursuant to Section 13.2.
- Keymait Platform Rules.
12.1 Rules. You must follow these rules and must not help or induce others to break or circumvent these rules.
- Act with integrity and treat others with respect
- Do not lie, misrepresent something or someone, or pretend to be someone else.
- Be polite and respectful when you communicate or interact with others.
- Follow our Nondiscrimination Policy and do not discriminate against or harass others.
- Do not scrape, hack, reverse engineer, compromise or impair the Airbnb Platform
- Do not use bots, crawlers, scrapers, or other automated means to access or collect data or other content from or otherwise interact with the keymait Platform.
- Do not hack, avoid, remove, impair, or otherwise attempt to circumvent any security or technological measure used to protect the keymait Platform or Content.
- Do not decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software or hardware used to provide the keymait Platform.
- Do not take any action that could damage or adversely affect the performance or proper functioning of the keymait Platform.
- Only use the keymait Platform as authorized by these Terms or another agreement with us
- You may only use another Member’s personal information as necessary to facilitate a transaction using the keymait Platform as authorized by these Terms.
- Do not use the keymait Platform, our messaging tools, or Members’ personal information to send commercial messages without the recipient’s express consent.
- You may use Content made available through the keymait Platform solely as necessary to enable your use of the keymait Platform as a Guest or Host.
- Do not use Content unless you have permission from the Content owner, or the use is authorized by us in these Terms or another agreement you have with us.
- Do not request, make, or accept a booking or any payment outside of the keymait Platform to avoid paying fees, taxes or for any other reason. See our Offline Fee Policy for exceptions.
- Do not require or encourage Guests to open an account, leave a review, complete a survey, or otherwise interact, with a third-party website, application, or service before, during or after a Reservation, unless authorized by keymait.
- Do not engage in any practices that are intended to manipulate our search algorithm.
- Do not book Host Services unless you are using the Host Services.
- Do not use, copy, display, mirror or frame the keymait Platform, any Content, any keymait branding, or any page layout or design without our consent.
- Honor your legal obligations
- Understand and follow the laws that apply to you, including privacy, data protection, and export laws.
- Read and follow our Terms, Additional Legal Terms, Policies, and Standards.
- Do not organize or facilitate unauthorized parties or events. You are responsible and liable for any party or event during your Reservation that violates our rules for parties and events, as incorporated by reference herein.
- Do not use the name, logo, branding, or trademarks of keymait or others without permission.
- Do not use or register any domain name, social media handle, trade name, trademark, branding, logo, or other source identifier that may be confused with keymait branding.
- Do not offer Host Services that violate the laws or agreements that apply to you.
- Do not offer or solicit prostitution or participate in or facilitate human trafficking.
12.2 Reporting Violations. If you believe that a Member, Listing or Content poses an imminent risk of harm to a person or property, you should immediately contact local police/ authorities before contacting Keymait. In addition, if you believe that a Member, Listing or Content has violated our Standards, you should report your concerns to keymait. If you reported an issue to local authorities, keymait may request a copy of that report. Except as required by law, you agree that we are not obligated to take action in response to any report.
12.3 Copyright Notifications. If you believe that Content on the keymait Platform infringes copyrights, please notify us in accordance with our Copyright Policy.
- Termination, Suspension, and other Measures.
13.1 Term. The agreement between you and keymait reflected by these Terms is effective when you access the keymait Platform (for example to create an account) and remains in effect until either you or we terminate the agreement in accordance with these Terms.
13.2 Termination. You may terminate this agreement at any time by sending us an email or by deleting your account. keymait may terminate this agreement and your account for any reason by giving you 7 days’ notice via email or using any other contact information you have provided for your account. keymait may also terminate this agreement immediately and without notice and stop providing access to the keymait Platform if you breach these Terms, you violate our Additional Legal Terms, or Policies, you violate applicable laws, or we reasonably believe termination is necessary to protect keymait, its members, or third parties. If your account has been inactive for more than two years, we may terminate your account without prior notice.
13.3 Member Violations. If (i) you breach these Terms, our Additional Legal Terms, Policies, or our Standards, (ii) you violate applicable laws, regulations, or third-party rights, or (iii) Keymait believes it is reasonably necessary to protect keymait, its members, or third parties; keymait may, with or without prior notice:
- suspend or limit your access to or use of the keymait Platform and/or your account.
- suspend or remove Listings, Reviews, or other Content.
- cancel pending or confirmed bookings; or
- suspend or revoke any special status associated with your account.
For minor violations or where otherwise appropriate as Keymait determines in its sole discretion, you will be given notice of any intended measure by Keymait and an opportunity to resolve the issue. You may appeal actions taken by us under this Section by contacting customer service. If a Reservation is cancelled under this Section, the amount paid to the Host will be reduced by the amount we refund or otherwise provide to the Guest, and by any other costs we incur as a result of the cancellation.
13.4 Legal Mandates. Keymait may take any action it determines is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, or the order or request of a court, law enforcement, or other administrative agency or governmental body, including the measures described above in Section 13.3.
13.5 Effect of Termination. If you are a Host and terminate your Keymait account, any confirmed booking(s) will be automatically cancelled, and your Guests will receive a full refund. If you terminate your account as a Guest, any confirmed booking(s) will be automatically cancelled, and any refund will depend upon the terms of the Reservation’s cancellation policy. When this agreement has been terminated, you are not entitled to a restoration of your account or any of your Content. If your access to or use of the Keymait Platform has been limited, or your Airbnb account has been suspended, or this agreement has been terminated by us, you may not register a new account or access or use the keymait Platform through an account of another Member.
13.6 Survival. Parts of these Terms that by their nature survive termination, will survive termination of this agreement, including Sections 2 through 26.
- Modification. Keymait may modify these Terms at any time. When we make material changes to these Terms, we will post the revised Terms on the Keymait Platform and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of these Terms. We will also provide you with notice of any material changes by email at least 30 days before the date they become effective. If you disagree with the revised Terms, you may terminate this agreement immediately as provided in these Terms. If you do not terminate your agreement before the date the revised Terms become effective, your continued access to or use of the Keymait Platform will constitute acceptance of the revised Terms.
- Resolving Complaints and Damage Claims. If a Member provides valid evidence that you, your guest(s), or your pet(s)damaged the complaining Member’s real or personal property, or real or personal property the complaining Member is responsible for, including consequential damages, (“Damage Claim”), the complaining Member can notify keymait and/or seek compensation through the Resolution Center. You will be notified of the Damage Claim and given an opportunity to respond. If you agree to pay, or if the Damage Claim is escalated to Keymait and Keymait determines in its sole discretion that the Damage Claim is valid and you are responsible for the Damage Claim, Keymait via Keymait Payments can collect the amount of the Damage Claim from you. You agree that Keymait may seek to recover from you under any insurance policies you maintain, and that Keymait may also pursue against you any remedies it may have available under applicable law, including referral of the matter to a collections agency, and/or pursuit of available causes of action and/or claims against you. You agree to cooperate in good faith, provide any information Keymait requests, execute documents, and take further reasonable action, in connection with Damage Claims, Member complaints, claims under insurance policies, or other claims related to your provision or use of Host Services.
- Keymait’s Role.
We offer you the right to use a platform that enables Members to publish, offer, search for, and book Host Services. While we work hard to ensure our members have great experiences using Keymait Marketplace platform, we do not and cannot control the conduct of Guests and Hosts. You acknowledge that Keymait has the right, but does not have any obligation, to monitor the use of the Keymait Platform and verify information provided by our members. For example, we may review, disable access to, remove, or edit Content to: (i) operate, secure and improve the Keymait Platform (including for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation and customer support purposes); (ii) ensure Members’ compliance with these Terms; (iii) comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, law enforcement or other administrative agency or governmental body; (iv) address Content that we determine is harmful or objectionable; (v) take actions set out in these Terms; and (vi) maintain and enforce any quality or eligibility criteria, including by removing Listings that don’t meet quality and eligibility criteria. Members acknowledge and agree that Keymait administers its Additional Legal Terms, Policies (such as our Extenuating Circumstances Policy) and Standards (such as basic requirements for hosts), including decisions about whether and how to apply them to a particular situation, at its sole discretion. Members agree to cooperate with and assist Keymait in good faith, and to provide Airbnb with such information and take such actions as may be reasonably requested by Keymait with respect to any investigation undertaken by Keymait regarding the use or abuse of the Keymait Platform. Keymait is not acting as an agent for any Member except for where Keymait Payments acts as a collection agent as provided in the Payments Terms.
- Member Accounts.
You must register an account and complete a verification process, to access and use many features of the Keymait Platform. Registration is only permitted for legal entities, partnerships and natural persons who are 18 years or older. You represent and warrant that you are not a person or entity barred from using the Keymait Platform under the laws of the United States, your place of residence, or any other applicable jurisdiction. You must provide accurate, current, and complete information during registration and keep your account information up to date. You may not register more than one account or transfer your account to someone else. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account credentials and may not disclose your credentials to any third party. You are responsible and liable for activities conducted through your account and must immediately notify Keymait if you suspect that your credentials have been lost, stolen, or your account is otherwise compromised. If and as permitted by applicable law, we may, but have no obligation to (i) ask you to provide identification or other information, (ii) undertake checks designed to help verify your identity or background, (iii) screen you against third-party databases or other sources and request reports from service providers, and (iv) obtain reports from public records of criminal convictions or sex offender registrations or their local equivalents.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.
We provide the Keymait Platform and all Content “as is” without warranty of any kind and we disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied. For example: (i) we do not endorse or warrant the existence, conduct, performance, safety, quality, legality or suitability of any Guest, Host, Host Service, Listing or third party; (ii) we do not warrant the performance or non-interruption of the Keymait Platform; and (iii) we do not warrant that verification, identity or background checks conducted on Listings or Members (if any) will identify past misconduct or prevent future misconduct. Any references to a member or Listing being “verified” (or similar language) indicate only that the Member or Listing or Airbnb has completed a relevant verification or identification process and nothing else. The disclaimers in these Terms apply to the maximum extent permitted by law. If you have statutory rights or warranties we cannot disclaim, the duration of any such statutorily required rights or warranties, will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Limitations on Liability.
Neither Keymait (including its affiliates and personnel) nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Keymait Platform or any Content will be liable for any incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages, including lost profits, loss of data or loss of goodwill, service interruption, computer damage or system failure or the cost of substitute products or services, or for any damages for personal or bodily injury or emotional distress arising out of or in connection with (i) these Terms, (ii) the use of or inability to use the Keymait Platform or any Content, (iii) any communications, interactions or meetings you may have with someone you interact or meet with through, or as a result of, your use of the Keymait Platform, or (iv) publishing or booking of a Listing, including the provision or use of Host Services, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or any other legal theory, and whether or not Keymait has been informed of the possibility of such damage, even if a limited remedy set out in these Terms is found to have failed of its essential purpose. These limitations of liability and damages are fundamental elements of the agreement between you and Keymait. If applicable law does not allow the limitations of liability set out in these Terms, the above limitations may not apply to you.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to release, defend (at Keymait’s option), indemnify, and hold Keymait (including Keymait Payments, other affiliates, and their personnel) harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with: (i) your breach of these Terms (including any supplemental or additional terms that apply to a product or feature) or our
Additional Legal Terms, Policies or Standards, (ii) your improper use of the Keymait Platform, (iii) your interaction with any Member, stay at an Accommodation, participation in an Experience or other Host Service, including without limitation any injuries, losses or damages (whether compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of such interaction, stay, participation or use, (iv) your failure, or our failure at your direction, to accurately report, collect or remit Taxes, or (v) your breach of any laws, regulations or third party rights such as intellectual property or privacy rights.
21.1 No Waiver. Keymait’s failure to enforce any right or provision in these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise permitted under law.
21.2 Assignment. You may not assign, transfer, or delegate this agreement or your rights and obligations hereunder without Keymait’s prior written consent. Keymait may without restriction assign, transfer or delegate this agreement and any rights and obligations hereunder, at its sole discretion, with 30 days’ prior notice.
21.3 Notice. Unless specified otherwise, any notices or other communications to Members permitted or required under this agreement, will be provided electronically, and given by Keymait via email, Keymait Platform notification, messaging service (including SMS and WhatsApp), or any other contact method we enable, and you provide.
21.4 Third-Party Services. The Keymait Platform may contain links to third-party websites, applications, services, or resources (“Third-Party Services”) that are subject to different terms and privacy practices. Keymait is not responsible or liable for any aspect of such Third-Party Services and links to such Third-Party Services are not an endorsement.
21.5 Google Terms. Some translations on the Keymait Platform are powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties for merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Some areas of the Keymait Platform implement Google Maps/Earth mapping services, including Google Maps API(s). Your use of Google Maps/Earth is subject to the Google Maps/Google Earth Additional Terms of Service.
21.6 Apple Term. If you access or download our application from the Apple App Store, you agree to Apple’s Licensed Application End User License Agreement.
21.7 Keymait Platform Content. Content made available through the Keymait Platform may be protected by copyright, trademark, and/or other laws of the United States and other countries. You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights for that Content are the exclusive property of Keymait and/or its licensors and agree that you will not remove, alter, or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices. You may not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works of, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast, or otherwise exploit any Content accessed through the Keymait Platform except to the extent you are the legal owner of that Content or as expressly permitted in these Terms. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Keymait grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, revocable, non-transferable license to (i) download and use the Application on your personal device(s); and (ii) access and view the Content made available on or through the Keymait Platform and accessible to you, solely for your personal and non-commercial use.
21.8 Force Majeure. Keymait shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, natural disasters, war, terrorism, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, pandemics, epidemics, or disease, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor, or materials.
21.9 Emails and SMS. You will receive administrative communications from us using the email address or other contact information you provide for your Keymait account. Enrollment in additional email subscription programs will not affect the frequency of these administrative emails, though you should expect to receive additional emails specific to the program(s) to which you have subscribed. You may also receive promotional emails from us. No fee is charged for these promotional emails, but third-party data rates could apply. You can control whether you receive promotional emails using the notification preferences in your account settings.
OUR COMMUNITY POLICIES
What to expect, and what will be expected of you, as a member of the Keymait community. To help ensure safe stays, experiences, and interactions, certain activities and behaviors are not allowed in our community.
Host and guest safety
Self-defense: If you’re ever physically attacked during a stay or Experience, you’re allowed to defend yourself with proportionate force until the danger has ceased.
WHAT WE DON’T ALLOW
Threats or abuse: Threats, violence, or abuse towards others, including intimate partners, children, animals, and ill or disabled people, have no place in our community.
Sexual assault and misconduct: Sexual assault and sexual misconduct of any kind are prohibited. Any unwanted or unsolicited touching, flirtatious or sexual behaviors, or conversations into personal relationships or sexual preferences are not acceptable.
Dangerous or illegal animals: Any animal whose breed or species is illegal to own in the location of the listing or Experience is prohibited. Domestic, farm, and wild animals that may present a safety risk during a reservation must be properly contained and proactively disclosed. Animals that haven’t shown signs of presenting a risk do not need to be disclosed as the disclosure tool is for “dangerous animals.”
Explosive devices, incendiary devices, or assault weapons: These items are never allowed at a stay or Experience, even if it’s legal to have them in your area.
Unsecured/undisclosed weapons. Any legally owned weapons must be properly disclosed and safely secured.
We’re here to help
If there’s an emergency in progress, please contact local emergency services or law enforcement authorities for assistance.
For other safety issues, we’re available 24 hours a day. Read more about how to contact us in our Help Center.
We take threats of suicide and self-harm very seriously and may reach out to authorities to request a wellness check if we are notified that there is an imminent safety risk. If you or someone else feel threatened or unsafe, please first contact local law enforcement authorities for assistance. As always, if you witness or experience behavior that you believe may go against our terms or policies, please let us know.
Illegal and prohibited activities
Keymait doesn’t allow illegal activities and other behaviors that could harm our community.
WHAT WE DON’T ALLOW
Possession and personal consumption of cannabis: In locations where it is legal and does not violate any house rules, adults may consume cannabis.
Cultivation of cannabis: The growth and processing of cannabis or hemp by a Host on their property is not allowed.
Child sexual exploitation: Forcing, manipulating, or enticing someone under 18 years old, regardless of local laws, to engage in sexual activity, whether in person or online, is prohibited.
Human trafficking: Recruiting, harboring, transporting, transferring, or receiving of an individual by force, fraud, or coercion for the purposes of labor or sexual exploitation is not allowed.
In call commercial sex work: A stay, Experience, or its surrounding property should not be used for paid sexual services, such as erotic massages or prostitution.
Procuring sex work: Guests should not request, and Hosts should not promote or offer paid sexual services.
Commercial pornography: A stay, Experience, or its surrounding property should not be used for the creation of commercial pornography, photos, or videos.
Illicit drugs: Illegal or restricted drugs such as opium, opiates, opioids, coca and cocaine, amphetamine-type stimulants, central nervous system depressants, and hallucinogens shouldn’t be present or used at a stay, Experience, or the surrounding property unless prescribed by a physician for a medical condition.
Drug production or manufacturing: A stay, Experience, or its surrounding property shouldn’t be used to produce or manufacture illegal drugs from raw materials and/or plants.
Drug cultivation: A stay, Experience, or its surrounding property should not be used for raising or growing plants from which illegal drugs are refined, with the exemption of cannabis.
Drug distribution: A stay, Experience, or its surrounding property should not be used to sell, gift, traffic, or distribute drugs including cannabis, even if it is legal to do so in your area.
We’re here to help
If you or someone else feels threatened or unsafe or suspect child sexual exploitation or human trafficking, please first contact local law enforcement authorities for assistance. Additionally, if you witness or experience behavior that goes against our policies, please let us know.